We are lucky to have many devoted folks who return year after year to help us make the Festival run smoothly, and we are always looking for new people to join our team.
How do I volunteer?
What do our Festival volunteers do?
The majority of our volunteers serve as Author/Illustrator Ambassadors. As an Author/Illustrator Ambassador, you will:
- Introduce your author to attendees of the author’s presentations,
- Serve as a messenger/runner for your assigned author, if needed,
- Assist in any other way desired by the author (moderating questions, etc.),
- Keep track of attending school groups, and
- Assist with directing teachers and children into the room for sessions.
What's the day like?
You will meet your author by 8:45am and then accompany him or her to the assigned presentation room. Typically, you will assist an author with two sessions, return to the library for lunch, then assist with one or two more afternoon sessions. Your day usually ends between 2:30pm-3:00pm.
Volunteers are needed for Monday, March 19th and Tuesday, March 20th. Volunteers can work for one or both days.
Why should I?
- It's fun!
- You have ample opportunity to visit with your author or artist.
- With your volunteer badge, you may purchase books at the festival at a 20% discount.
- We provide a certificate of participation which is helpful for portfolios, dossiers and/or resumes.
- We feed you! We provide a morning snack, lunch, an afternoon snack, and beverages throughout the day.
If you have any questions about volunteering, contact:
Festival Volunteer Coordinator
JCKL 2434, University of Central Missouri
Warrensburg, MO 64093